Saturday, October 2, 2010

How's Life?

Day 276, 89 days to the end of the year.

Guess this marks my first post on the blog, despite it being so close to promos. Honestly, I've been spending more time on other things than studying :P (needless to say, sleeping tops the list) Apart from that, spending time in front of my laptop amassing information to think about.

If you see this before or during promos, I wouldn't mind saying "relax", or "don't worry about promos", but I'd be more concerned with the question that seems to end a conversation very effectively: why?

Much to your dismay (if any), life will have to discussed inevitably. Perhaps you might not have given it much thought, but ever wondered why you're alive? Your view of life will influence your life (a little redundant, but true), like how you see something, how you do something etc. Try looking at your own actions, what kind of life view do they seem to point at? You'll probably see a lot of questions, since my goal is to get you thinking.

If you're reading this after promos, well, not much will be different :P it's still life after all. Though it would be a good time to ask yourself why you're studying. For results? Taking a H3? Or something else? Something I find saddening is that the thinking stops there. In my opinion, those I've spoken to so far have barely gotten past this (not trying to sound harsh here). I haven't recieved a lot of answers that address why you'd want those things and I find that rather disturbing.

We've been alive about 17 years now, some more some less. Perhaps thinking about these things seems rather irrelevant, or unncessary. But, when then, will you start thinking about it? If you wait till you're much older, you'll have a lot less life to live out whatever purpose you may find. So it's to your benefit if you try to figure it now; you've already 17 years less to live, how much more time do you have?

Haha, hope that wasn't too moody a topic. It's important though, as repulsive as it might seem. Life is to be enjoyed, but there's something called temperance: meaning you enjoy it within the set boundaries and don't "over-enjoy". Honestly, I feel our minds could use some stretching. If you're going to live, live life to the full, which I don't mean indulge in every possible pleasure. You have a mind, if you're going to live to the full, use it to the full.

Life is understood backwards and lived forwards - Soren Kierkegaard

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment